Like me, many folks don’t have a ton of time to dedicate to making filling, somewhat nutritious meals. I work full time, I go to school full time, I try to maintain somewhat of a social life, and in the midst of it all it’s very hard to avoid drive-thrus and other junk food on my way to and from places.
I’m also on a budget!
This meal isn’t going to make you any skinnier, but it will fill you right up and is quick and easy to make. It has lots of protein, and can have veggies if you choose to add those.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- minute rice (however much you want)
- a can of tuna (I usually get the stuff in water, the stuff in oil is guh-ross)
- mayo or Miracle Whip
- Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce (you can find this like anywhere these days, look where the other condiments are– it’s a necessity)
Step 1: Make your rice. Follow the instructions on the back of the box, or basically throw some rice and twice as much water into a pot and put a lid on (2:1 ratio water:rice… so 1 cup of rice gets 2 cups of water.)
Step 2: Open your tuna, drain it, throw it in a bowl, squeeze in a bunch of mayo/Miracle Whip (more than you think you need), then dribble in some Sriracha. Mix. If you’ve never had Sriracha before, just do a few drips and mix it all up, then try it. Add more to taste, but do so very carefully because this stuff gets super hot super fast.
Step 3: Spoon some rice into a bowl. Spoon some tuna-stuff on top. Mix it up if you desire, or don’t. Enjoy.
Other things you can mix in:
- Steamed (or more likely, microwaved frozen) broccoli
- Stir fry veggies
- Anything else you think might taste delicious in your super easy and fast concoction.
And that’s it! Super simple post today, but I hope it finds you well, and I hope you find it delicious 🙂
Keep an eye out tomorrow for another awesome guest blog! Thanks so much for reading and remember to like/comment/subscribe/share!